1. Leave Paxton heading towards Hutton, passing the village hall on your left. Continue along this road for about 2 miles, passing Clarabad Farm and a turning to Foulden on your right before reaching the village of Hutton. Take the first turning on the right following the road through the village.
2. Continue along this road, passing a cemetery on the left until you reach Hutton Mains and some cottages on your right. Opposite is an excellent self service farm shop, well worth a refreshment stop on the way back. Continue past the mains and down the hill before turning right at the bottom.
3. Proceed along this road and down a steep hill towards the Whiteadder Water. As you near the bottom you will start to see the river on your right. At the bottom of the hill the road levels out and you will see a footbridge on the right. Do not try to cross the Ford, use the footbridge.
|Whiteadder Water At The Bluestone Ford|
|Footbridge Over The Whiteadder Water|
4. Proceed up a long hill before eventually arriving at a junction with the A6105. Turn right and then immediately left onto the B6437 and ascend a long steep hill. At the top are far reaching views across the countryside. At the top take the second turning on the left (B6437) towards Auchencrow and Reston.
5. Follow this road for some time before taking the second turning on the right signposted to Reston. This is a very hilly road but has lovely views across the the countryside. Follow this road for over two miles before arriving at a junction and the village of Reston. Turn left onto the B6438 and proceed through this linear village before crossing the railway line and heading out of the village.
(NOTE. If you turn left before the turning to Reston at Billie Mains you will pass through beautiful countryside and livestock fields. Upon reaching the mains retrace your steps and rejoin the B6437)
|Reston Parish Church|
|The Craw Inn|