This pleasant walk is about 2.5 miles and will take 1hr 30 minutes.
From the A697 at Wooler follow the signs to the town centre. Turn into Ramsey Lane (signposted to Wooler Common) and continue until you reach the Wooler Common picnic area and car park. Here you will find maps and information, although unfortunately there are no toilets.
1. Do not take the trail from the car park but cross the road and join the bridleway beside the Humbleton Burn.
|Wooler Common Car Park|
|The Cheviot Hills From Wooler Common|
2. Follow the bridleway uphill, keeping the wood to your left and over the brow of the hill. Continue along the bridleway with the farm to your right until you reach a gate and signpost.
3. Pass through the gate and turn left to follow the road downhill.
4. Continue to follow the road as it makes its way downhill until reaching the village of Earle.
5. At the junction take the left turn (towards Wooler) and continue along the road until reaching a gate to the left. Go through the gate and follow the signs to Pin Well and Waud House.
6. Continue to follow the path between the hills, over a field and through a gate before rejoining the road. An alternative route is to climb uphill and walk through Thrunton Wood before joining the road.
7. Continue along the road and return to the car park.