1. Starting from the Cross Inn head out of the village passing the church on your right and the village hall on your left. Continue uphill and follow the road as it bears to the left at the top.
|The Cross Inn, Paxton|
2. Continue along this road for about 2 miles, passing Clarabad Farm and a turning to Foulden on your right before reaching the village of Hutton. Follow the road as it bends to the left and continue as it leaves the village and reaches a crossroads with a farm on the right.
4. Proceed down this country lane and take the first turning on the left, signposted to Broomdykes. Along this road you will pass some brightly coloured cottages on your left. Cycle through the mains and past some houses on the right, carrying on along this road until the junction. Turn left at the junction and proceed along this road before reaching a crossroads. At the junction go straight across towards Whitsome and Coldstream.
5. Travel along this road (third of the four roads) until you reach a left turn where you will see "Smiths Skip Hire". Turn left and follow the road past "Smiths Skips" and up a small hill before taking the first turning on the left. You will see a Hilton sign on the right as you turn. This is a long road and will take you up a hill and past Hilton Mains on your right. and some cottages on the left. Continue on this road for another mile before the road bends to the left (Winfield Farm on the right). This road will continue for quite a while. after passing through a tunnel of trees you will reach a junction with the main road.
7. Do not turn off this road but continue back to Paxton, eventually travelling downhill and back into the village and arriving at the Cross Inn on your left.