It is about 14.1 miles and will take roughly 1hr - 1hr 10 mins.
1. Starting from The Cross Inn head out of the village passing the church on your right and the village hall on your left. Continue uphill and follow the road as it bears to the left at the top.
|The Cross Inn, Paxton|
2. Continue along this road for about 2 miles, passing Clarabad Farm and a turning to Foulden on your right before reaching the village of Hutton. Take the first right turn in Hutton village following the road through the village.
3. Continue along this road, passing a cemetery on the left until you reach Hutton Mains and some cottages on your right. Continue past the mains, down the hill and past the egg farm on the right (do not take the right turn at the bottom of the hill). Go up a steep hill and just over the brow take a right turn towards Broomdykes.
4. Along this road you will pass some brightly coloured cottages on your left. Cycle through the mains and past some houses on the right carrying on along this road until the junction. Turn left at the junction and proceed along this road before reaching a crossroads. At the junction go straight across (towards Whitsome and Coldstream).
5. Travel along this road until you reach a left turn where you will see "Smiths Skip Hire".
Turn left and follow the road past "Smiths Skips" up a small hill taking the first turning on the left. You will see a Hilton sign on the right just as you turn. This is a long road and will take you up a hill and past Hilton Mains on your right and some cottages on the left. Continue on this road for anther mile before the road bends to the left (Winfield Farm on the right). This road continues for quite a while until after passing through a tunnel of trees the junction with the main road appears ahead.
6. Turn left at the junction and take the second turning on the left towards Hutton. Continue along this road, up a small hill until reaching a crossroads. Go straight over at the crossroads, passing a farm on you left and continue back into the village of Hutton.
Do not turn off this road but continue back to Paxton, eventually travelling downhill and back into the village of Paxton arriving at the Cross Inn on your left.