In 1694 Blake built a large Tudor style mansion within the castle and when he died in 1717 the estate passed firstly to his son-in-law and then in 1723 to his grandson, Francis Blake Delaval. The estate continued to be passed down throughout the family and was eventually inherited by the Waterford family. in 1907 James Joicey acquired both the Ford estate and the nearby estate of Etal, thus joining the two estates and creating the Ford and Etal estate, a great place to visit.
Today the castle is used as a residential education centre and is not open to the public but can be viewed from the church and the village.
|Ford Castle From The Church|