|The Queens Head, Icklesham|
Icklesham village was originally called Icoleshamme and was mentioned in 772 AD in a land charter signed by King Offa of Mercia. The Queens Head built in 1632 was originally two dwelling houses for farm workers but it was not until 1831 that ale was sold for the first time. This popular pub has a lovely garden overlooking the Brede Valley and serves excellent food. The attractive 12th century church of St Nicholas sits peacefully a little way from the main road surrounded by trees.
|View from the Queens Head|