|Royal Tweed Bridge|
The Royal Tweed Bridge crosses the River Tweed at Berwick-Upon-Tweed. It was built between 1925 and 1928 and opened by the Prince of Wales. Its purpose was to supplement the 17th century Berwick Bridge by diverting the traffic. If formed part of the A1 and helped to carry traffic through the town. When the A1 River Tweed Bridge was built in 1984 to by-pass the town the bridge became less important but continues to carry local traffic.