Coldstream Bridge is a road bridge crossing the River Tweed at Coldstream in the Scottish Borders. The bridge, linking Coldstream with Cornhill-on-Tweed in Northumberland was opened in 1767 and has undergone several improvements over the years. In the 1960's the bridge was strengthened and widened to help cope with the traffic using the bridge. The bridge was originally a toll bridge and the toll house became famous for many runaway marriages. In 1826 its function as a toll bridge ceased but the bridge continues to carry traffic across the English-Scottish border.